Raglan Timebank began in 2012 to enable everyone in Whaingaroa to have access to the help and resources they need. Timebank connects groups and individuals amongst the community group so they can swap skills, time, resources and get involved in events, without the use of having to exchange money in the process. Raglan Timebank is open to all ages and abilities, and everyone's time is of equal value.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile with a photograph of you.
- Provide 2 references of people who can identify you as an individual and recommend you to join Raglan Timebank
- Post skills, knowledge or talents you may have to help other members.
- Post requests for skills, knowledge or talents where other members can help you.
- Attend a group or individual orientation at the Whaingaroa Environment Centre.
- Once we have completed an orientation with you, you are ready to trade!
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbours about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a member and a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.